The first of many times at the beach! Blake and papa and the rest of us are lov'n this weather!
Well, we are finally here. Merrill and his dad drove our van down with some of our things on the 2nd of January and then the kids and I flew on Saturday the 5th. It has been a long and crazy week trying to get routines down, figuring out where our things are at and trying to decide what restaurant to eat at first...the food is better than I remember! My Spanish is a lot better than I remember it being, though I still have a lot to learn, so that has been a definite plus. The driving , on the other hand, is never as simple as it should be..it's like being in a video game where you never know what or who is going to come out of now where and try and cut you off. I've learned to go slower and to laugh at the crazy things I see. Merrill has been such a wonderful help since we've been here. It's nice that he works just 5 minutes from home and drops by and calls frequently to check in on the chaos. hee hee
What has surprised me the most here is how well Blake and Daniela have adapted in such a short time (I'm still crossing my fingers). Blake started his first day at a private bilingual school (which really means 1 class of English and the rest is puro Espanol) last Wednesday and has done really well. He said he was a little sad the first day but has done really well since. It's cute to see him in his uniform with all the other Mexicanos. He's a real trooper. The only thing he doesn't like is when others touch his face and head...out of interest. Daniela has done well too. She is such a happy and fun little girl and now says words like si and mas and of course leche and agua. She loves to sing to herself and loves to draw as often as she can get a hold of a piece of paper and pen!
Well, I'm doing well and trying to adjust to all of this. I'm excited to be back here, believe it or not, and to have new experiences this time around as we live in a nicer area now and are more familiar with the culture, the people and the language. Wish us luck...better yet keep us in your prayers. We miss you all and hope you still call us occasionally on the vonage phone number.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Da' Beach
Posted by Dibbles at 3:56 PM